After several months of active development and a few weeks of rigorous beta testing, we are thrilled to introduce the world to WP Email Delivery, an email delivery plugin for WordPress.
WP Email Delivery was first built for our own use first. We needed a way to send large amounts of email from multiple sites and make it easy to configure for the customers we work with. After refining the process with our own WordPress sites and our newsletter plugin SendPress and Mandrill’s recent price change. We decided to release the plugin on WordPress.org and open the service up to everyone using our large sending volume to create savings for everyone.
WP Email Delivery is built on several services from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mandrill and SendGrid. The primary sending is done via Mandrill with SendGrid as a backup service if needed. We use several custom created services at Amazon to monitor the health of our Mandrill account and sub accounts. Before an email is queued with Mandrill we run multiple checks on it, starting with our global bounce list and spam list. We then check the domain the email is going to for MX records and a mail server that responds to request. If everything looks good the email is then delivered via Mandrill.
WP Email Delivery is ready for use today and can be purchased from this site, starting at $5 per month or $18 per year.
Let’s have a quick look at some of the core features of WP Email Delivery:
- Integrates directly with all major WordPress e-Commerce and Membership plugins
- Efficiently replaces wp_mail() to send emails via our API
- Complete management area with WordPress
- Works out of the box on all hosting companies, even those with aggressive firewalls and port blocking
- Extensive reporting on referrals, affiliates, and visits
- A small code base that’s ready for other developers to extend
Try us out today for free with our 50 emails per month.